Saturday, June 18, 2011

In Honor of Fathers Day, A Poem: Remembering Dad

Remembering Dad

I heard my Father speak through me today
It's a good thing
A business conversation with me appreciating them at the end
He was always the cheerleader of his officemates 
Will call him and tell him when he gets back from dialysis today
May not understand it, so little of him left
Dad, you are welcome to live on through me

My Father is still with me and is moving a bit slower due to so many challenges he has overcome. He goes to dialysis three times a week and is tough on him. I have been blessed to move from the Son to the person overseeing their well being. I never had my own children but not under what it means to be a parent more then ever.  It has given me flashes of memories and insights. This poem is one of those insights. I want to honor the important an vital energy of Fatherhood in the world. I am also blessed to have good people helping both parents.

If you want to see my first book: http://FindingOurFire.com

1 comment:

Anotheramerican said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to all who have lost a loved one, a friend or co-worker that day. While we are reminded that evil lives in the world,that day should also serve to remind us all that goodness and selfless individuals also live in our world. It is said that "all it takes for evil to succeed of for good men to do nothing" Evil do not succeed on 9/11 Good men and women did not stand by and do nothing. They responded to a neighbors cry for help in many ways, The fire fighters, the Police officers, Paramedics, doctors and nurses as well as every day citizens gave all they had. Including life, to save others. so on this day, let us remember them and not the empty heated individuals that that flew the planes or planned the attack. God rest the souls of those who where lost and those who have been left behind. And God bless the people of the United States of America.